Friday, February 10, 2012

1/20/2012 Vacay

1/20/2012
Well it’s the first week of classes and the spring semester is under way!
Looking at this past winter vacation, I tried something different this time. I noticed that I usually get into some type of spiritual trouble when I go home. I think of it as I’m a sailor on ship-leave. Anything goes at times… THIS TIME, I prayed for a fruitful vacation. I asked God to keep me away from harm even though I may not want to do the right thing. Its tough going home because all of the old temptations come back (really fast) and well, I know that I had to prepare myself for these temptations somehow. So prayer really helped. It turned out great! I had a great time taking my friend from Portland around Southern California and even the Grand Canyon. I noticed that by hanging around my seminarian brothers, I could still have a great time and they too would help me keep away from my old ways. Please don’t get me wrong, I still hung out with all my old friends but it was even better this time around because I felt God’s grace keeping all of us safe. Yet it wasn’t surprising though because I’ve always felt like as if someone was keeping me safe my whole life. There have been many occasions in my life where I have sat back and said, “WOW.. either I’m really lucky or someone’s looking out for me”. To me, this is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment