Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Boys Are Back in Town


10/21/2010
                This week we had the honor of hosting 10 Bishops and over 15 Vocational Directors here at Mount Angel. They come from all over the United States and they are the ones who send us here for seminary.  The reason they all came was for our Annual Regency Mass. The candidates who will be Ordained to the Deaconate were announced and formalized. My diocesan brother and I picked up Fr. John from the airport Monday night and we had a great talk. He met with us individually and I told him how I was doing and that I want to skip a grade because I am in between college one and college two. I have 21 credits and if I work a hard the next year, I will be able to move ahead a year. He liked my idea. He also mentioned the possibility of going back to New York next summer amongst other ideas. I could also stay home and study at a local college. But I feel that I can get ahead in my philosophy credits in New York and take my History here at Mount Angel.
 I also jokingly mentioned the idea of me studying in Rome and to my surprise he said that I would be a great fit as long as my grades would hold up. I was very happy to hear this but at the same time I felt very honored and nervous. Now the pressure is on. If I get a “B” or two this semester I can probably get away with it but from now on, the microscope is on and if I can pull this out I will be able to study my theology in Rome. BUT as always, I will do my part and if it is God’s will then it will happen. If not, then it’s okay. At least I put in my best effort and either way I will be happy to study anywhere my diocese puts me.
Because I am in the Choir, we were fortunate to sing in front of all the Bishops and Clergy. It was a great feeling and even though we messed up a few times, we all sang great! All in all it was a great week and now that everyone is leaving tomorrow, it’s time to buckle down this weekend and get ready for my essay and two midterms next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment