Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Menudo and Classes

8/30/2010
                I hope everyone is well and I just wanted to say thank you all so much for taking the time out of your busy days to read the stuff I have to say. I can imagine how boring I can be so please bare with me. For starters, I talked about the Menudo we were going to have Saturday morning. So after mass we walk down the half mile hill and then walk another ¾ of a mile towards the restaurant and upon arrival, we notice that it’s closed. The sign says “open from 9am-9pm Sun-Sat.” it was now 9:30am and no one was home. They must have been on Mexican time.  So we’re pretty sad because we were all looking forward to some nice Menudo for breakfast and we were unsatisfied. Luckily, where there’s a Mexican, there’s a way and so a few blocks away was the formation house for the Missionaries of the Holy Spirit. We called them up and they made us some really good, and really missed Mexican breakfast. I can still taste it… literally because I took some home and put it in my fridge. Haha :) I’m just kidding, but it was really good. SO classes start on Tuesday and looking at my schedule for the weeks to come, its pretty interesting where I will plug in all the sports, prayer time and studies time. Our day starts at 6:45am with breakfast, then Morning Prayer and Mass at 7:30. Lunch is at 11:50am, Evening Prayer at 5:30pm and then Dinner at 5:50pm. Between then, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I have 4 classes ( Spanish 1, Writing in Humanities 1, Survey of the Catholic Faith 1, and Choir). Spanish 1 might change to 2 but I have to speak to my Academic Advisor first just to make sure I’m doing the right thing. Tuesdays and Thursdays are my light days with 3 classes (speech, Academic Skills and Science).  I’ve learned that I need to work around my prayer time so I have decided to pray the Angelus prayer when I wake up, before lunch, after Evening Prayer and before bed. I’m going to start praying the Rosary at least 3 times a week, Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. I’m going to pray Lectio Divina on Saturdays. And the Divine Mercy Chaplet will be prayed daily. On Monday nights we also have Adoration and all that stuff right after dinner. I will also dedicate at least one hour every other day to some sort of cardio work out. It’s going to be easy (I hope) because everyone is doing some sort of workout all the time and I’ll just jump in with them. We have at least 80 guys that exercise so they’re going to be my support group. Once again, I hope everyone is well. I miss you all and I cant wait to come home in November to see everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment