Tuesday, November 16, 2010

God Working Within and Throughout


10/15/2010
                HELLO EVERYONE! I hope this journal entry finds you all well. I am sorry I’ve been away from these journals for about two weeks now. I really have no explination other then I was somewhat spiritually lost in the time. Not the whole time but some of it. I kept finding myself and losing myself. But I’ve come to terms with it. I guess this is a part of the struggle that we all do though. Or maybe it’s just me. haha. Anyway, I am writing on my meetings with a few priests. As you might know, we have four pillars of formation. Spiritual, Human, Intellectual and Pastoral. I don’t get much Pastoral because that comes along our second year. Spiritual and Human formation is great because we really see what’s at work within us both spiritually and emotionally. I would highly recommend anyone to look for spiritual direction. The meetings have been great for me because they help me refocus on things. I see what I am good at and what I need help with. And it just so happened that today, I met with a priest regarding a message that someone from Orange County sent me. This person was asking about the Gifts of the Holy Spirit and how it might be at play in his life. And it really struck me because there have been moments in my life where I have experienced a gift or two but I have forgotten to pray for this myself. So I gave him the advice that I realized I was giving myself. Which was to pray and seek answers from a priest. To remember that these are gifts and not givens. What I mean by that is that we cannot expect them to happen when we want them to happen. A gift is a gift because it is given at the moment the Holy Spirit chooses to give it. If you do not know what I mean please let me know and I will clarify everything for you. I don’t really want to get into it too much but I trust that all of you know that I’m not crazy and I wouldn’t make anything like this up. J I think I prove that by my view on this. But any ways, I took my own advice and I spoke to a priest this morning. It turns out that we have a charismatic praying group here that meets once a week and I decided to check it out for a few weeks to see what the Holy Spirit is trying to reveal to me (if anything at all). I’ll let you all know how this goes after the prayer group meets. Until then I hope all continues to go well for you and know that I am praying for you all on a daily basis!

No comments:

Post a Comment