Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Confessions


10/23/2010
                Being in the Seminary is great and I am truly blessed being here. One thing that I encountered this week is that I am learning to see it in a different light is confidentiality. As a priest, when it comes to confidentiality in a confession room. There is no judgment, there is no speaking publicly of what happened and a priest cannot view someone differently after hearing even the most disturbing confession. After all, it is not the priest that forgives; it is God that forgives through the hands of the priest (if you don’t understand, please let me know. There’s a lot of theology behind this that I cant really get into at the moment). That is a grace from God that one receives. It’s tough stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment