Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Faith Like a Child


9/5/2010
                Today I’m not going to talk about the end of the week nor the weekend but rather I am going to write about a movie I just watched that touched my heart. It led me onto an emotional rollercoaster that was full of emotional twists and turns. The movie was called “Letters to God”. I watched it on Netflix.com and it was about a young boy with cancer in the brain and was slowly dying. He would write letters and send them to God through the post office. Her mother lost it a few times saying that she “didn’t want to hear bible quotes anymore. She just wanted to hear that her son would get better”. Its so tough for all of us when we go through our own personal problems and who is to judge some easier than others when we all feel like crap. We can often question and doubt God and sometimes completely give up on Him. Is it harder for a single mother to unexpectedly lose her job than it is for a father who has a drug problem and is slowly losing his children? Is life tougher on the children or on parents? Then there are the friends and relatives that are affected by others’ hardships. Where is God? Why isn’t he hearing me? What good is going to come out of this? I cannot pretend to have answers to any of these tough questions all I can do is pray. In the movie, the little boy changed the lives of everyone around him. God kept him alive just long enough to thaw out the cold hearts heal them with the love and strength of this little boy. I guess, what this movie reminds me of is that God’s plan for all of us is the best road possible. Something’s we can control, and most we cannot. When it comes to those things that we cannot control, we have to put it into the hands of the one person who can and TRUST in His divine wisdom. In the end, what do we have to lose? And what do we have to gain? I leave you with the ending quote from this little boy presumably in heaven: “Dear God, I think we did it. You told me not to be afraid, and I wasn’t. I just want everybody to believe. Love, Tyler”. (Faith like a child).

No comments:

Post a Comment