Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bye Bye Seminary


9/11/2010
                Yesterday was a sad day because one of the guys decided to leave the Seminary after only three weeks. It struck me as odd that he was on the phone pretty late all week (he was in the room right next to me) and that he did not make it to his classes on Friday. When the President-Rector was up in the front of the room before Evening Prayer I knew something was up. As he said those words that everyone dreads hearing, I could only think of one thing… CAN I KNOCK DOWN THE WALL AND EXTEND MY ROOM???? Haha no but it really did affect me because we are pretty close down here in our dorms and well its just sad. Once Evening Prayer ended, I rushed down to speak to him and after the first five minutes of talking with the young man I realized that he was making the right decisions and for the right reasons. He gave a perfect analogy: “you know when you’re young and you grow up always wanting that fancy car.. and when you finally get it, you realize that it’s just not for you..” that’s how he felt and he could only have come to that realization after trying it out. I guess, that can be anyone’s take on Gods calling. Sometimes we just have to try it in order to figure out if it’s for us. This young man was not afraid to admit to himself that this was not for him. He was not selfish and he was very subjective in his decision. As we all should be when it comes to figuring out what God’s calling us to do. He changed my life in the short time I’ve known him and I’ll continue to pray for him and I know I’ll see him again.
                On a side note, I love my Latin class. I think its my favorite class along with Epistomology and Writing. Its not easy but its fun. It brings back a lot of lessons I learned while taking French in High School. I guess I’m learning that I have a hidden love for new languages. Who know’s, I might be a linguist in the making. Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment