Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Beach Weekend Retreat


9/26/2010
                This weekend, the whole college went to the beach for a weekend of bonding. We had a few organized events but overall we had a lot of free-time to hang out and bond through unorganized, spontaneous activities. The most impressive part of the weekend was Friday night. At 6:30, we prayed evening prayer and then began our Adoration with a precession from our main dining hall, to the beach where the there was an altar with candles waiting. Adoration was very unique because it was on the beach. I don’t think I have ever attended anything like this. We were out there for about an hour (or a little less) and we got to see the sun set as we were praying. For a few moments, the sun was semi-eclipsed by the monstrance. We all asked for permission to take pictures because we did not want to be rude but at the same time, we really wanted to catch this once in a lifetime moment. For those of you, who are on my facebook as friends, please feel free to check out the pictures. They’re under “Mobile Uploads”. If you’re not under my facebook friends, please feel free to email me and I will send you the pictures so that you know what I’m talking about. Last night, we had a huge bon fire (see pictures) and during that time, one of my Diocesan Brothers from Orange told me that he was feeling spiritually dry. He said he still wants to be a priest but that he feels that they “honeymoon” is over. I can only relate so much because well I’m not there yet, but I know how that feels to be mentally dead with work or ex-girlfriends. So the question to you all is, how do you keep it going spiritually, emotionally in relationships? Does anyone have any advice I can give my friend? I told him to listen to his favorite Christian singer Matt Mahr in hopes that it gets him back. I was also thinking he could challenge himself with a new prayer or find a fun topic to research. Also, I know most of you have been in or are in relationships. How do you keep those going after the “honeymoon”? please let me know. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment